Southern Care Hospice looking for local sponsors for hurricane relief boxes
Hurricane season is upon us, and Southern Care Hospice is looking for locals to sponsor hurricane relief boxes for its patients.
“As you know hurricane season is fast approaching, and we are trying to help our patients who are living at home to have a preparation box so if we do have a hurricane in our area they will have extra supplies they will need in time of emergency,” said Jodie Williams of Southern Care.
Williams said the goal is to collect 20 boxes between now and Aug. 1.
“Churches, civic clubs or people in the community — this would be a great project to sponsor this summer,” Williams said. “You may pick several items from the list to go in your box.”
The following items are requested for the hurricane boxes:
- Nonperishable canned goods, handheld manual can opener
- Flashlights with batteries or battery operated lanterns
- Water purification tablets
- Bottled water
- Paper plates, solo cups, paper towels
- Hand wipes/baby wipes
- Self-light bag of charcoal
- Peanut butter crackers, cookies, individually bagged potato chips, granola bars
- Canned soft drinks.
Those interested in sponsoring a box are asked to call Williams at 251-216-4349 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.